As a basic storage facility, warehouses can be classified according to their role in the circulation of goods or characteristics. However, no matter how it is divided, its essential function is for storage. To cope with the different demands for warehouse buildings in the market, in recent years, more and more steel structure warehouses have emerged on the ground, which has allowed many entrepreneurs to abandon the steel-concrete structure building model that has been used for many years.
The difference between a steel warehouse building and a concrete building?
- The steel warehouse building is constructed quickly and has obvious emergency advantages, which can meet the sudden storage needs of enterprises.
- The steel structure warehouse adopts dry construction, which has outstanding environmental protection advantages. Compared with the wet construction used in reinforced concrete buildings, it can reduce the impact of engineering construction on the environment and nearby residents.
- Steel warehouse building saves construction costs and labor costs more than traditional concrete warehouses. The cost of building a steel structure warehouse is 20% to 30% lower than that of a traditional warehouse, and it is safer and more stable.
- The weight of the steel structure is light. The building materials used in the walls and roofs are much lighter than the brick-concrete walls and terracotta roofs, effectively reducing the steel structure warehouse’s overall weight without compromising its stability structure. It can also reduce the cost of component transportation caused by relocation and save costs.
The steps of the steel warehouse building process as follows:
- Land use permit. The first step in building a warehouse is reviewing land use rights to ensure construction’s legality.
- Investigate the surrounding environment, topography, and other factors, and determine the preliminary design plan.
- After the drawings are finalized, the factory will arrange the production. The entire production process is carried out on an industrialized assembly line to ensure the quality of the steel structure.
- The processed steel structure will be transported to the construction site for erection, installation, and final decoration. This “production-build” construction mode greatly shortens the construction period, reduces the construction period and labor costs; besides, it also reduces the construction waste on the construction site, which is in line with the social pursuit of energy conservation and environmental protection in modern life.
- After the construction is completed, it will enter the final acceptance link. The relevant quality supervision department will carry out construction acceptance of steel structure warehouse buildings and finally proceed to the delivery stage.
Design Common Norms of Steel Building :
- “Steel DesignCode”(GB50017-2003)
- “Cold-formed steel structure technical specifications”(GB50018-2002)
- “Construction Quality Acceptance of Steel”(GB50205-2001)
- “Technical Specification for welded steel structure”(JGJ81-2002, J218-2002)
- “Technical Specification for Steel Structures of Tall Buildings”(JGJ99-98)
Materials Specification as follows :
- Base: Cement and steel foundation bolts
- Mainframe: H beam Material Q345B or others as buyers’ requests.
- Purlin: C or z purlin: Size from C120~C320, Z100~Z20
- Bracing: X-type or other type bracing made from angle, round pipe, etc
- Bolt: Plain bolt and High-strength bolt
- Roof &wall: Sandwich panel or color plate
- Door: Sliding or rolling door
- Window: Aluminium alloy window
- Surface: Painting or Hot Dip Galvanized
- Steel Sheet:0.5mm color sheet
- Accessories Semi-transparent skylight belts, Ventilators, downpipe, gutter, etc